Former Dancing On Ice Winner, James Jordan confirmed today he did have shingles.
“Home from an amazing family holiday – straight to docs and it’s been confirmed I do actually have shingles like most of you suggested It’s pretty uncomfortable not going to lie but hopefully will start to get better soon…. Many of you been asking how it is Thanks guys”
A few days ago he ask his followers on Twitter what his mystery ailment was.
“On holiday and have got this painful rash on one side of my back in my belt line Any ideas anyone? Also got a similar pain on the thigh of my right leg but doesn’t look anywhere near as bad Thoughts? I’m thinking shingles but don’t know what brings it on? Or maybe heat rash?”
He confirmed recently he had his booster of Pfizer, after his first two doses were AstraZeneca.
A quick search in the US VAERS database has 11,984 reports of shingles aka Herpes Zoster following the COVID vaccine. Like we already know, VAERS is highly under-reported, per the Lazarus Study.
Here are some articles specifically on shingles:
- Herpes zoster after COVID vaccination
- Herpes zoster after ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine: a case series
- 20 Post-COVID-19 vaccine-related shingles cases seen at the Las Vegas Dermatology clinic and sent to us via social media
- A rare case of shingles after COVID-19 vaccine: is it a possible adverse effect?
- Acute Retinal Necrosis from Reactivation of Varicella Zoster Virus following BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination
- Herpes zoster and the risk of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke: A systematic review and meta-analysis
There are many more articles here on Shingles After the COVID Vaccine: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/